Lemon Bay Evening

Lemon Bay Evening
Sunset

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Silhouette by the Light of a Supermoon

A Super Moon Night in New Smyrna Beach


What is a supermoon? The word supermoon didn’t come from astronomy. Instead, it came from astrology. Astrologer Richard Nolle of the website astropro.com takes credit for coining the term supermoon. In 1979, he defined it as:…a new or full moon which occurs with the moon at or near (within 90% of) its closest approach to Earth in a given orbit (perigee). In short, Earth, moon and sun are all in a line, with moon in its nearest approach to Earth.  http://earthsky.org/
Saturday,  June 22, 2013

Walking along the quiet shoreline in New Smyrna Beach, there came an incredible sense of power from the east. Turning to look over the peaceful Atlantic I saw the rising full moon and knew immediately that what I was experiencing came from this summer event.

Borrowing a quote from a blogspot I follow, http://helloworld420.blogspot.com/ ,  I became aware of the fact that turning on the light requires an action, or effort, to get the result. For me, I had to turn and see the light.

 "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Albus Dumbledore - The Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling



SILHOUETTE

...the outline of a body viewed as circumscribing a mass (circumscribe : to surround by or as if by a boundary ) http://www.merriam-webster.com






Self Portrait
6/22/2013

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this MJ Jordan...love tears filled my eyes : )